POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 14:07:08
Message: <5msm409n7fsv43fi2uj8ge1miv2oalorbe@4ax.com>
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:50:36 +0100, "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim.nikias (@)
nolights.de> wrote:

>> Poor you.
>
>This seems pointless, so here's my closing statement:

Poor poor you.

>I don't feel insulted by someone who goes out wining about his favourite
>*new* file-format not being accepted at a newsgroup.

Mine? I think you will find I have nothing to do with the JPEG people.
And it is not my favourite. I use TIFF for archive purposes - if
that's an indication of favouritism so be it.

>"Ease of use" - that's
>what standards are for, you know? That's why some comply to them, and others
>try to define new ones to introduce advancements.

Ease of use in standards? - oh, boy, are you ever way off the mark. I
work in the software industry and the numerous standards I come into
contact with certainly do not feature ease of use as their main drive.

>The POV-Ray Newsgroups are
>about POV-Ray, not about "new standards in image-storing and showcasing".

Never said that that should be the case. All I am merely asking for is
the ability to use the format. let people look after themselves and
their preferences in terms of what to do about the formats they
encounter - do not nanny them.

>Bye,
>Tim

My First Subgenius Picture Book: